Posted: 23 Dec, 2017
Visit our Open House on Saturday, January 13th from 10:00 a.m. until 12 noon before you Register the following week (Wednesday, January 17th). This is an opportunity to tour the facility, learn more about our program, ask questions and meet the teachers. No registrations will be take this day.
Open House for new families will be hosted on Saturday, January 13th at 10:00 a.m. until 12 noon.
Registration Night for new families will be hosted on Wednesday, January 17th at 6:30 p.m until 8:00 p.m.
*NEW* Catholic Programming (T/Th pm ONLY)
We believe that our curriculum, as well as our teachers, is an important influence on the quality and educational effectiveness of our preschool program.
Not only that... ALL of our Teachers hold a Bachelor of Education Degree and/or Child Development Supervisor Certification and are fully qualified to teach your children.
Mission Statement / Philosophy:
ur mission statement for the Okotoks Preschool Academy is:
We want to introduce and instill young children with the love of life-long learning. Building an education is like building a house. The foundation must be solid in order for the house to support each floor (hence developmental level). A good strong foundation in the beginning of a child's education makes for greater success in their future school years.
Goals and Objectives:
Our goal is to have a healthy and well respected preschool that is known for its commitment to the "whole" child and to their years of early learning.
Objectives to meet this goal are to:
- to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to prepare the children for life-long learning
- to meet the needs of each individual student and work with them at their own pace and at the own developmental level
- to treat all children with strategies for success and learn through interaction with other children
- to encourage parents to become/continue involvement in their child's learning in and out of our preschool
- Professional preschool photos (individual and class)
- We follow the Foothills School Division calendar in respect to P.D. days, school closures, and holiday breaks
- Show and tell
- Home reading program (4 & 5 year olds)
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Scholastic book orders
- Learning props
- Field Trips (4 & 5 year olds)
- Large OUTSIDE Play Space
- Catholic programming (T/Th pm ONLY)